Our Place: SNAKE!!
Charles & June -2011

Sunday, March 14, 2010

SNAKE!!



~~~

As I was preparing dinner late in the afternoon, my husband surprised me in my kitchen with this snake !



Our daughter-in-law, Joy, was doing some gardening chores, getting ready to plant flowers later this week. She was startled to meet-up with this Black Racer as she was pulling out weeds!

She called for help from Charles and he caught it! lol- He had to show it to me...and to prove how brave I am I HAD to hold it for a quick minute!

The poor snake was probably more upset than we humans were!

We soon let it go in the meadow in our side yard!
I will probably meet this guy again during spring and summer-as his new home is where my wildflowers will soon be blooming !!


Junie Rose

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

You are very brave indeed Junie!!!

 
At March 15, 2010 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Donna said...

NoFlippin'Way!!!Hahahaaa....

 
At March 15, 2010 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't think I would be keen to hold it or any other snake.

 
At March 15, 2010 at 7:18 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks for looking, my friends!

 
At March 15, 2010 at 3:37 PM , Anonymous Judy said...

I am terrified of snakes. You really are a brave person, Junie. I always heard those snakes would chase you. If one chased me, I would run into something and kill myself. lol.

 
At March 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) I never heard that before, Judy. I've had several encounters with these snakes and they just try to get away!

 
At March 15, 2010 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

My Dad always said the racers came in threes. Hmmm....
NOT ME JUNIE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home