Our Place: Today's Flowers~ May 20, 2010 ~ Mimosa in bloom
Charles & June -2011

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today's Flowers~ May 20, 2010 ~ Mimosa in bloom



~~~


*Go here* to find more flowers around the world.

~~~

I look forward to these pretty pink and delicate puffs of flowers and the fern like foliage of this tree.

I have always known this flowering tree as 'Mimosa' but the true name is 'Silk Tree.'

This attractive tree is classified as a *'nuisance' plant* and it is recommended that it not be planted in yards!


Oh - but I find this tree very beautiful and we have let a few grow up on our place!

~ My mom loved these trees, too,
adding to the sentimental feelings I have for them.~




Love,
Junie

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Boy! That's a Big Mimosa! Great photo!
hughugs

 
At May 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh, I love those, Junie!! :)

 
At May 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful Junie, a magnificent Mimosa. And I think your header photo is lovely too. Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers and have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home