Our Place: Ruby Tuesday ~ Oct 13, 2009
Charles & June -2011

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ Oct 13, 2009

~~~

It's Ruby Tuesday again and time to show some of the Reds in our own little spot of the world!




Visit Mary/The Teach to find other Ruby Tuesday posts!


~~~

From my world today...


These 2 kinds of flowering vines are troublesome but pretty- and the butterflies and hummingbirds love them ~ so we just let them grow LOL ~ not that they are ever that easy to contain anyway!

I don't know the name of the orange flower...but the bright red one is called 'Cypress Vine.'

My mom always called it "Little Stars" plant. She remembered from her childhood in Alabama that her own mom loved this little plant. The small flowers are star shaped and a bright red and bloom profusely. The foliage, too, is very attractive with a frilly look to it!

The other little flowering vine is equally pretty...well, almost as...! :) They grow and mingle in my gardens, side by side ... almost taking over before the summer's end...but - Oh - they are pretty!



This next one is a type of Jasmine...not positive but I believe it's 'Star Jasmine!'
(I should look it up!)
It grows next to the back of our house and I like the contrast of the white flowers against the red brick!




Enjoy your autumn days!

Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

19 Comments:

At October 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

They do look star like. :)
Nicely framed shot that last one - the flowers are indeed inhanced by the color of the brick.
Hope you had a great Ruby Tuesday!

 
At October 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Patti said...

Pretty flowers for RT. I agree that the white star blooms contrast well against the brick.

I really liked the autumn decoration with all the pumpkins on your other blog..is that your house?

Happy Ruby Tuesday ~

 
At October 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Patti

and

Carletta,

Happy you both like my RT post! :)

Yes, Patti, that's our house here in Ocala, Fl.

Junie

 
At October 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous Marites said...

they really look like stars! that's really cool! Nice capture. my RT is up too.

 
At October 14, 2009 at 5:59 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Junie, the red vine against the green looks so Christmasy! I'm announcing the Ruby Tuesday Giveaway winner in a few minutes. Come on over and see! :)

 
At October 14, 2009 at 6:12 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Come on, Junie! YOU'RE THE WINNER! :)

 
At October 14, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Terry said...

aw shucks junie...i commented on your last weeks post by mistake!
so i will have to say it again..
congratulations....you pretty rose!....with love terry

 
At October 14, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

WOW!!!

Thanks, Mary!!

Surprised-because I don't often win these things!!
I'm thrilled with this one...it's a COOL prize!

Will send my addy soon!


Junie

 
At October 14, 2009 at 8:18 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Terry,


Thanks!! :) I'm happy to have won Mary's neat prize!

Thanks for coming over and I will visit you soon.

Junie

 
At October 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Marites,

Thanks for coming by!

Yes, they are very pretty little star flowers...but DO get out of control. :) I just have to let them do their thing by the end of summer! The die down in winter but always come back.


Junie

 
At October 14, 2009 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥BEAUTIFUL♥.•*¨`☼
Have a Lovely♥Day!
~Rocío a.k.a."Mamí♥Picture"

 
At October 14, 2009 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Wonderful for RT. Congrats on winning the prize!

 
At October 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

Hi Junie, I love your red flowers.
I've a jasmine just like yours, growing against a wall just like yours, but it never flowers. My friedn says it's lack of water.
Congrats on your RT prize!

 
At October 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Terry said...

hey junie rose...those beautiful flowers you commented on belong to reg sikora...all i have on my blog is a little red car!....love terry

 
At October 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ahhh- lol- well I get confused with these sites sometimes! (hey-I'm OLD!!That's my excuse!!) :)

I'll come back and visit again!


Junie

 
At October 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM , Blogger eileeninmd said...

I thought I left a comment but now I am not so sure what happened. Your flowering vines are very pretty. I say any plant that attratcs hummingbirds is a keeper. Thanks for sharing and congrats on winning MaryT contest.

 
At October 14, 2009 at 9:46 PM , Anonymous marian said...

those tiny RED star shaped flowers are ADORABLE!!..btw congrats for winning Mary's giveaway, i bet you're excited!!

 
At October 15, 2009 at 6:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your nice comments-

Marian

and

Eileen

 
At October 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your comments. I will visit everyone after the weekend.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home