Our Place: Yard Art on Thursdays
Charles & June -2011

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yard Art on Thursdays

***



***

Idiom: One man's trash is another man's treasure


Idiom Definitions for 'One man's trash is another man's treasure'


What is useless to one person might be valuable to another.


  ~~~

 ...OR-you might change that to ' One man's trash is another man's Yard Art' ...lol - or Woman's Yard Art in this case-as I asked Charles to keep this piece of junk

My husband has this junk wall where he has a collection of 'stuff!' It's mostly old farm related pieces...tractor seats, horse shoes, garden plows - etc... etc... 


Well, I liked the looks of this old fashioned bed spring and thought it was just too unique NOT to save and use for something...Lol- if nothing more than the interesting shadows it shows, propped against that wall... soo.. it's been leaning there for awhile.


To my surprise and joy this summer the little cypress vines have popped up there and are making use of that fine trellis! These little star shaped flowers are a nuisance in the garden because they take over everything around them, but they are so pretty and sweet looking to see growing, I'm happy to see them here in the side yard where they can do no harm...just look pretty against the old rusty bed spring!


Oh my!  It is, indeed, true...that old saying, I mean!  One man's trash can certainly be another's treasure.

  I love old things-the more rustic the better !


Junie Rose




Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2010 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Now that is a unique piece of yard art!
I love it! My hubby would think me crazy.
I love how the vines are growing in it to soften it.
That second shot is wonderful! Has a Christmasy feel to it that I like.

Mine's on Round The Bend.

 
At July 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish something pretty would become of my rusted metal and old pieces of farm "junk"

 
At July 23, 2010 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful use for those old springs!!

Hugs,
Rachel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home