Our Place: Ruby Tuesday~Aug 17, 2010~ What in the world...??
Charles & June -2011

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ruby Tuesday~Aug 17, 2010~ What in the world...??

~~~

Today is...Ruby Tuesday!

 
Visit *Mary/Teach* to find other RT posts!

~~~
What in the world is this?? I don't know!



My husband brought this in to show me this morning, after doing some mowing here at our place.

(He remembered my picture projects that I like to do!  :) -He mentioned Mellow Yellow but I said,"No-it's a perfect Ruby Tuesday")  :)


He said he found this growing along the fence and that it is common around here...but he didn't know the name of the vine.

I don't remember ever having seen it before.  Maybe I just never saw it at this stage with the pods popped open and the colorful seeds spilling out! How could I have missed it, otherwise!!


OK-I haven't looked it up but I took precautions in not touching it too much and letting the juice get on my hands. ...Never know...it could be toxic.It looks kinda evil but very beautiful to look at, nonetheless!

Does anyone know this plant? I'd like to know about it.


(click on pics to enlarge)



Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a new one to me also. It really is bright. I hope someone can solve the mystery!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Blogger reg said...

you are so right a perfect RT picture. I have no idea either what that is but it sure looks great

 
At August 17, 2010 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Kramer said...

Perfect RT choice. no idea about the plant.

 
At August 17, 2010 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Mel_Cole said...

Oh those! We call those Ampalaya. They are food for diebetic though. Have a beautiful Tuesday.

 
At August 18, 2010 at 11:45 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mel Cole,

WOW! Thanks! What a surprise. I had no idea it was an edible fruit/or veggie! Wikipedia says it's common name is Bitter Melon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home