Our Place: Mellow Yellow Monday ~ Oct 19, 2009
Charles & June -2011

Monday, October 19, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday ~ Oct 19, 2009


~~~
It's Mellow Yellow Monday time again!



Find other MYM post here!


~~~
This is a flowering vine that grows wild in much of the south USA! It's a sweet flower that I have known from my earliest years in Alabama and on through the years.

I was thrilled to learn that it grows well here in the country of north Florida, when we moved here from Miami 22 years ago.

It grows wild along fences and in meadows and open spaces, but I wanted some in my yard.
We transplanted some to our place.

These sweet, fragrant flowers never stop bringing me pleasure! Butterflies and Hummingbirds love them too!

Oh! Also my grand kids, when they were young, loved to pick these little flowers and suck out the sweet nectar. There was no stopping them-though I did try! In the end I figured if it was ok for the birds and butterflies it must be ok for kids to occasionally take a sip from these sweet flowers!


Country
~ Pure and simple ~


'Honeysuckle!'







Junie

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM , Anonymous Sandy "From the Heart of Texas" said...

That's a great Mellow Yellow subject! I love honeysuckles! Wish I had a vine growing in my yard. Enjoy it!

 
At October 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM , Blogger reg said...

This is incredibly beautiful floral pic.I have a couple verities in my yard and appreciate them very much
reg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home