Our Place: Midweek Blues~8-25-'10- Little Boy in Blue
Charles & June -2011

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Midweek Blues~8-25-'10- Little Boy in Blue

 ~~~
 It's time for sharing our Blue photos.
 

 For more Midweek Blues posts,Visit Rebecca


~Little boy in blue~



 
This is Zach, the one of my 4 grandkids who didn't live in our town;
thus
his visits  with us  were always very special - for us,  as well as for  him.

Climbing this tree, just before leaving for his home after each visit, became part of his ritual. He would pretend he wasn't leaving for awhile. It became a game that the whole family played along with.

I can look at this picture and remember exactly how I felt- the mixture of sadness for his leaving and the spirit of fun in the antics of this little boy!

Old time memories now...
The tree is long gone from some weird insect attacks that killed it.
The little boy in blue is gone, too!

(except here in my heart)


Love,
Junie
(Ginga)

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At August 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Kim, USA said...

That's a great pose right there. I remember visiting my grandparents place, as soon as we touched our feet on the ground we ran towards this certain tree and climb up and eat the fruits. So the adults knew where we could be found up in the tree ^_^ Happy Wednesday!
Blue water

 
At August 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Ahhhh...makes me wanna' cry!
Great blue Junie!
hughugs

 
At August 25, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

What a sweet tribute to the little boy ~ I can tell you have many fond memories.

 
At August 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Kathy,

Oh-yes,indeed, I DO have fond memories-of all 4 of my grands!(all grown up now) Just happened I was thinking of Zach this time! :)


Thanks for coming by.

Junie

 
At August 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Dianne said...

I love all the dappled shadows around Zach
makes the photo seem magical
it's already timeless

 
At August 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Oh, he is a cute little guy, beautifully pictured in the tree. What a nice way to remember him....

 
At August 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pic and memories.

 
At August 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, All, I will get around to visit soon.

 
At August 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

What a sweet memory. It gives me goose bumps to read it!

 
At August 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM , Anonymous Leah said...

Precious and bittersweet memories,Junie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home