Our Place: Shadow Shot Sunday_Oct 9, 2010 ~ Cats in Shadows~
Charles & June -2011

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday_Oct 9, 2010 ~ Cats in Shadows~

~~~


It's Shadow Shot Sunday once again!



~~~

In my back yard are luscious shadows from three huge Live Oaks! 
My  3 cats enjoy this environment ... for prowling and some bird watching but mostly just lounging!


...but -wait- that little orange cat isn't mine!
She's a stray that has been hanging around since she was a baby.  I wish I could tame her- but I haven't been able to get close to her!
I call her 'Goldie'- not even knowing for sure that it is a girl!

Such a pretty cat!



  You can see my General  at least tolerates her-I've seen all my cats sharing food with her!  I wish they would just tell her... "That lady is OK- RELAX!"


Meanwhile-all I can do is just see that there's enough food put out for at least one extra cat!



 Junie

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At October 9, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

Our cat lives indoor, but we do have an outdoor visitor at our homestead,she too an orange cat named Libby. Our Linus goes nuts inside, but we enjoy our visitor, too...

Your cats are lovely under a canopy of shade!

 
At October 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Lighthousegal said...

I can see why the cats like lounging there, it looks like quite a tranquil place to be. Plus, in the shadows of the trees it is probably a bit cooler and a nice bird watching spot. Perfect for cats.
Thanks for sharing!!

 
At October 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you for feeding "her." She is beautiful and Goldie is a perfect name. You have a lovely paradise in your yard for folks and cats! Enjoy your day and hope she comes around to trusting you soon.

 
At October 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Photography said...

Sweet cats :o) I like your garden and shadows :-)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Sylvia K said...

The cats have great taste for the perfect spot and Goldie is such a cutie and it is a perfect name! Hope she gets over her fear. Lovely shadow shots for the day, Junie! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

 
At October 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Joanne Olivieri said...

The light and shadow contrasts are always beautiful especially in a natural setting. If I were your cats I'd be hanging out there 24/7 :)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Dianne said...

it is amazing how long it takes to gain a cat's trust
my Siren didn't really feel comfy here for 2 years, he had been abused in his first home

Goldie is lovely
as are all your guys
and thank you for looking out for her

your back yard is spectacular!!

 
At October 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

Goldie is such a pretty kitty. Keep trying to tame her. I bet you'll win her over. :)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous shadow shots, and what pretty cats you have. Goldie looks like a lovely lady.

 
At October 10, 2010 at 2:09 AM , Blogger Kelli said...

what a beautiful shady spot

 
At October 10, 2010 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Anca Pandrea said...

Great shot! I would like to be one of the cats living in that garden, among those shadows.

 
At October 10, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Alli said...

She's so cute! Such pretty eyes :)

 
At October 10, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Alli,

Yes, she is pretty...I wish she wasn't afraid of me!!

 
At October 11, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Patti said...

Aw,,,I also like Goldie. I hope she is happy visiting you, Strays make me feel sad.

Cute shadow shots with the kitties. Have a great week, Junie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home